As part of our focus on school safety, we recently distributed colorful flyers and posters designed to encourage students to watch for warning signs or signals about guns or weapons, drugs, bullying/harassment or other issues and to “say something” to a trusted adult. In addition, the new school safety posters include phone numbers for students to call or text. We put this information together in a simple, kid-friendly format to ensure that students know what to do if these situations arise.
May is always a busy month in the Kent City Schools as our students complete another year of focus on academics, as well as co-curricular activities such as athletics, music and art. Here is a list of a few of our celebratory events this month.
- Friday, May 4, at 7 p.m.— annual POPs concert at Roosevelt
- Tuesday, May 8, at 7 p.m.— Roosevelt Scholar and Achievement Awards Program and Reception
- Thursday, May 10, at 7 p.m. — Roosevelt Band Concert
- Friday, May 11, at 5 p.m.— Longcoy Family Picnic at Al Lease Park
- Friday, May 11, at 9 a.m. — Walls All School Carnival
- Monday, May 14 at 7 p.m. —Stanton Choir Concert at Roosevelt
- Tuesday, May 15 at 7 p.m. — Stanton and Roosevelt Orchestra Concert at Roosevelt
- Wednesday, May 16, at 7 p.m.— Stanton Eighth Grade Honors Night
- Thursday, May 17, at 7:50 a.m.— Roosevelt Senior Honors Assembly
- Thursday, May 17, at 7 p.m.— Roosevelt Jazz Band and Orchestra at Home Town Bank Concert in downtown Kent
- Sunday, May 20, at 1 p.m.—Roosevelt Baccalaureate and Commencement
- Wednesday, May 23—Last Day of School for students
Check your school’s calendar for other important events in May. The support of our parents is so important to a child’s success. Thank you again for all you do for the Kent City Schools,
Superintendent of Schools