Hello, Kent families! School starts for all students Grades 1-12 on Wednesday, August 19th. All of your teachers, administrators and support staff are looking forward to seeing you as we start another wonderful school year. Please review the following information so that you and yours are prepared for the first day of school.
Please note that school starts one week earlier this year! This is so that we can complete 1st Semester by the beginning of Winter Break and allow more class time to prepare for state mandated testing.
- Monday, August 17 – Davey, Holden, Longcoy and Walls Elementary Schools – School Supply Night @ 5:00 – 6:30pm
- Monday, August 17 – Stanton 6th Grade Back to School Night: Legacy Team @ 6:00pm; Buckeyes Team @ 6:30 pm; Megaminds Team @ 7:00pm
- Wednesday, August 19 – First day for all students Grades 1-12
- Monday, August 24 – First day for Kindergarten students
- Monday, September 7 – Labor Day; no school
School calendars with important dates are regularly updated and you can subscribe to them with your mobile device on our Calendars page.
Supply lists for our students are posted on our individual school pages, and they are also listed here for your convenience in PDF format.
Regular, on-time attendance is critical to the success of our students. We encourage parents who drop their children off to do so at least 15 minutes before school starts so that they have enough time to get their materials ready and get to their classroom before class begins.
- Elementary Schools: 8:40 am – 3:15 pm
- Stanton Middle School: 7:30 am – 2:40 pm
- Roosevelt High School: 7:30 am – 2:29 pm
Communication & Grades
We offer several modes of communication for our parents so that they can keep up with their child’s progress in school and be aware of school events and closings.
- Parent Broadcast System – We use One Call Now to send voice, email and text alerts to parents and students who sign up, and strongly encourage them to do so. More information is available on our Parent Broadcast page.
- ProgressBook – It’s critical that parents know how their children are doing in their classes. Students in Grades 5-12 have their academic progress updated regularly using ProgressBook. More information is available on our ProgressBook ParentAccess page.
- Contact Information – Our Contact page has phone numbers and email addresses for all schools, administration, faculty and staff in our district. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
School Meals & MyPaymentsPlus
We encourage you to visit the MyPaymentsPlus web site to register for a free account so you can add funds to your child’s meal account that can be accessed from any of our cafeterias. MyPaymentsPlus can also be used to pay school fees online. With your free account, you can also sign up for low balance email notifications, enable auto-pay, and download the free mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Breakfast and lunch menus will be posted here as soon as they are available. More information is available on our Food Services page.