Dear Roosevelt Parents and Guardians,
Akron Children’s Hospital will be offering COVID-19 vaccines at your student’s school. At this time, only students ages 16 and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer two-dose vaccine. The first vaccination clinic for students of Kent City Schools will begin on Friday, April 16, 2021.
Here is some important information for you to know:
- Vaccinations are VOLUNTARY. All health information will be kept strictly confidential by the school and Akron Children’s Hospital.
- Student vaccinations will be given during the school day at your child’s school.
- The amount of time a student will be out of class is expected to be 20-30 minutes.
- Vaccinations will be administered by Akron Children’s Hospital nursing staff.
- Students will receive the Pfizer vaccine. This is a two-dose vaccine. The doses are scheduled 3 weeks apart. Please review this information sheet from the CDC about the Pfizer vaccine.
- Parents will not be able to accompany their child to the vaccine clinic.
- All physical distancing and COVID safety protocols will be followed.
- Students should wear tops that allow easy access to their shoulder for vaccination.
- Parents are encouraged to visit akronchildrens.org for more information about COVID-19 and frequently asked questions.
If you want your child to receive this vaccine, a completed consent form must be returned to the school clinic by Wednesday, April 14. Students who do not have a completed consent form will NOT be administered a vaccination. Send the completed consent form to the school clinic or email it to Stephanie Young, the district nurse.
The 2nd dose is tentatively scheduled for Friday, May 7, 2021. Akron Children’s will use the same consent form for both vaccines.
Thank you for your continued partnership with Akron Children’s Hospital, School Health Services!
Stephanie Young BSN, RN, LSN, NCSN
District Nurse/Clinical Coordinator
Covid-19 Pre-Vaccination Form and Documentation – DUE WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14, 2021.
EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA) OF THE PFIZER BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE – for your information