With the help of Kent Parks & Recreation, we are excited to offer a “no frills” soccer experience focusing on skills development, tactical play and competitive fun. Excellent preparation for the upcoming fall middle school season.
Coach Susel (SMS Girls) and Coach Daniels (SMS Boys) are excited to host a soccer skills development clinic on July 20-22, 2016. This is an excellent opportunity for rising 7th & 8th grade girls and boys to improve their skills as a soccer player. Long time veteran soccer coach James Furth (click here for a complete bio on Coach Furth) will conduct the clinic, along with the SMS coaches and their assistants. Volunteers from Roosevelt High School’s Men’s and Women’s Varsity teams will help run the camp, too.
The objective of this camp is to further develop each athlete by improving his or her skills and confidence with all aspects of soccer. Each camp participant will receive a Soccer Camp T-shirt and access to the RHS Pool on the last day of the camp.
- WHEN: July 20 – 22, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm [Wednesday Check-in is at 8:45 a.m.] (Thursday & Friday – Drop off by 9:10 a.m / Pick up by 5:15 p.m.)
- WHERE: Drop-off at SMS Stadium
- WHO: SMS (& St. Pat’s) 7th & 8th grade girls and boys interested in playing for SMS this fall.
- COST: $55 per player (includes T- shirt and pool party on the last day)
- INSURANCE: Is NOT provided for camp participants.
- STAFF: James Furth (lead coach), Rob Susel and Garyn Daniels, their assistants, and volunteers from the RHS Mens & Womens Varsity soccer team.
- BRING: Ball (marked with name), water bottle(s), lunch & snack, proper soccer attire (including shin guards), good spirit
- QUESTIONS: Contact Rob Susel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-267-9762 (texting is OK).
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Application form, EMA, and payment (Payable to: Kent Parks & Rec) must be received by July 1, to guarantee a camp T-shirt and to confirm your spot. Submit the completed Application & Payment NO LATER THAN JULY 1st to: Kent Parks & Rec, 497 Middlebury Rd., Kent, Ohio, (330) 673-8897