The PSAT test date is October 14th at 7:30 am right here in the Roosevelt Auditorium. To register Pay Mrs. D’Sidocky $17. You can find her in the main office. There are a limited number of fee waivers for those who qualify. Please see your school counselor ASAP to inquire. Your registration is secured by payment. There are a limited number of spots. You can register until October 9th.
Last year’s Free and Reduced Meal Applications will expire on October 13, 2020. For those who participate in this program- If you did not receive a letter you were prequalified for the program and you have NOT completed a new application this year, please complete and turn in a new application ASAP!! Applications are in the main office or you can apply online at :
Even though we have a grant that is covering breakfast and lunches at this time, you need to apply if you would like consideration for your lunch program status to be applied to your student fees.
Student Council is working on tentative plans for Homecoming events in mid-October (more details to come). To unify out students leading up to those events, they have created spirit days for staff and students. Please share the FLIER with your students and we encourage you to participate!
Hello, Rough Riders!
We are contacting you from the Theodore Roosevelt HS Rough Rider Yearbook. We know that this school year will look very different, and events, sports and activities may not occur or will be abbreviated. We understand that your sport/club/activities are still important to our school. We want to tell that story and how Covid-19 affected your participation. Our goal is to make the yearbook student-centric this year and tell as many stories as possible. In order to do so, the yearbook staff needs your pictures.
- TO SUBMIT PHOTOS (including Senior Photos): Use the link https://images.jostens.com/415464434 (if prompted for a user ID it is the number at the end of the link) to submit your photos.
- TO ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK (by April 15, 2021): Use the link jostens.com to order your copy of the 2020-21 yearbook.
- SENIOR CONGRATS MESSAGES (send by April 15, 2021): Please send in your message to email@example.com. See the attached flier for specific details.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Mrs. Janelle Cuva, TRHS Yearbook Advisor
October 1, 2020
Dear Students, Parents, and Friends of Roosevelt High School,
The 2020 school year started like no other. Students who are attending TRHS during one of the cohorts have been amazingly resilient. As frustrating as this pandemic is, students are socially distancing, wearing masks, and actively engaging in their classes, activities, and sports. We are impressed and pleased with how our staff is determining new ways to provide a high quality learning experience for our students. Even though we know this is a challenging and difficult time, I would encourage all of us to focus on staying positive and remembering that as each day passes, we get closer to the end of this pandemic!
During this time, it is crucial we all communicate with one another. Our staff is great when it comes to returning phone calls or emails. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us. We will communicate with you through the Roosevelt website, Final Forms, Remind application, and Progress Book. Additionally, you may find additional information by following these school Twitter accounts:
- Principal Dennis Love — general school information
- TRHS Counseling Department — news from the Counseling Dept.
- Kent Schools CTE — Career Technical Education program news
- Roosevelt Athletics — athletics news, updates, scores, and more
- TRHS Student Council — various info regarding upcoming student events, spirit weeks, student polls, and more
- Roosevelt Library
- Seniors — Class of 2021
- Juniors — Class of 2022
- Sophomores — Class of 2023
- Freshmen — Class of 2024
1st Grading Period: The first grading period will end on Monday, October 19, and report cards will be posted on Progress Book by the end of Friday, October 23. Whether a student is attending virtually or in person, the expectation is to be present and be willing to work. If you are a student who is struggling, please contact your teacher, counselor, or administrator. We are all here to help and create the best possible learning environment.
Parent & Teacher Conferences: On Oct. 19th, Oct. 26th and Nov. 24th parents and guardians will have the opportunity to conference with your students’ teachers. Some teachers will be strictly virtual while others will have the ability to meet in person. Please remember to wear a mask at all times inside the building.
SCHEDULING WILL START MONDAY, OCT. 5TH.
To schedule your conferences, please email Mrs. Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- STUDENT NAME
- TEACHER you would like to schedule with. Type ALL if you would like all of their teachers
- DATE you would like to schedule
- TIME that is best for you
If you have any questions regarding conferences, please call Nicole Harris at (330) 676-8701.
Conferences will be held:
Monday, October 19th 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Monday, October 26th 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Tuesday, November 24th 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Homecoming: Our Homecoming events were originally scheduled for the October 2-3 weekend, which have since been cancelled . However, due to the current COVID guidelines and district parameters, TRHS has created alternative events to celebrate a Homecoming season. The following items are being proposed and planned by our Student Council and Booster clubs (pending final health department approval):
- Friday, October 16, 2020 — Midway Drive-in Live Stream of FB Game
- a virtual live streaming football game experience for all students (first come, first serve basis – based on capacity of the drive-in);
- fall sports virtual highlights video;
- homecoming court virtual presentation
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 — Homecoming Dinner (SENIORS ONLY) & Virtual Dance
- a Senior ONLY dinner event at the high school (so social distancing can be maintained);
- a virtual dance (DJ event) for all students to access from home
Hey Seniors and Juniors, remember there are virtual college visits happening. You can find the information you need to log in to visit through Naviance, directly linked on our website or outside the counseling office. Please stop to see Mrs. Jay D’Aurelio if you have any questions. Some upcoming visits are Ohio University, Wheeling Jesuit and Bowling Green just to name a few.
Would you be interested in having some thought-provoking and fun debates with other students? Or maybe you would prefer to share your quick wit with an extemporaneous speech? This year’s speech and debate club will be meeting remotely on every other Thursdays at 3:30 starting October 1st. If you would like to join please fill out the Google Form below by September 25th. A Speech and Debate Google Classroom with the Google Meet link will be utilized throughout the school year for our remote site. If you have any questions you can email Mr. Young at email@example.com.
Google Form: https://forms.gle/GrMMzEMVi6atkKcFA
School picture day is coming! Students will be getting their pictures taken during their English classes. Please view the Ripcho Photo Day Announcement for more information.
Order forms should be distributed by the end of the week and there will also be an online ordering option. To order online (& prepay), visit the ON-LINE ORDERING LINK.
- Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020 (auditorium stage) — COHORT A
- Friday, Sept. 25, 2020 (auditorium stage) — COHORT B
- Monday, Sept. 28, 2020, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (in the gym) — COHORT C (students may come in during their “scheduled” English class period that they would be in).
Student Council is starting the process for the 2020-21 student elections for class officers, Student Council class representatives, and Student Council president. Students interested in the opportunity to serve as a class leader should read the Fall Elections PACKET for 2020-21. All students who intend to run as a class officer or class representative must JOIN THE Student Council 2020-2021 GOOGLE CLASSROOM & REMIND for class officers & representatives! This is the main source of communication for important election information and updates!
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM CODE: tda45dp
- REMIND: Text @2b2644 to 810-10
Let’s kickoff football season by wearing your favorite NFL or NCAA football jersey! Wear your jersey Wednesday, Sept. 16 or Thursday, Sept. 17 to show support. If you are spotted wearing football jerseys you could be featured on Student Council’s social media.
TRHS Student Council invites YOU to join them TODAY during your lunch period-4th, 6th or 8th in room 172. We are excited to see you!
- APPLICATION: Please complete both parts — the Student/Applicant Info AND the Pledge of Employer. NOTE: the applicant does NOT need to get the superintendent’s signature before turning the application in.
- PHYSICAL: Additionally, students must also have a Physician’s Certificate. If you have an updated physical on file for a sport, then you do not need to fill out the physician’s certificate.
We are Riders, number one! Let’s kick off our fall sports season by showing your Rider Pride. Wear your Rider gear Friday to support our teams. If you are spotted wearing Rider Gear you could be featured on Student Council’s social media.
TRHS Student Council invites YOU to come to our meetings during your lunch period-4th, 6th or 8th every Tuesday or Wednesday starting next week. We would love to hear your ideas!