Follow the link below to vote:
Tickets for our Winter Dance hosted by Student Council will be on sale for $12.00 today through the end of the week. Only 200 tickets will be sold, so they will be sold on a first come, first serve basis! Tickets at the door will be $15.00. Join us for a Roarin’ Good Time Saturday, February 7th at 7:00 at the Overlook in Kent. Remember that you must have your EMA complete on Final Forms before you can buy your ticket and that this dance is for Roosevelt students only!
Hey Rough Riders! You are invited to travel to Belgium and Paris France during Spring Break 2021! Please attend an informational meeting with your parents on Monday, January 27th at 7:00 p.m. in room 222 or see Madame Mikati for a Belgium and Paris, France travel brochure.
While waiting for winter to arrive in full force, we want to recognize and show our school spirit for the winter sports teams at the Winter Sports Pep Assembly on Friday, January 31 (bell schedule to be posted soon). To build up the school spirit for the week leading up to the pep assembly, the Roosevelt Cheerleaders have planned a decades-themed spirit week beginning Monday, January 27. The following are the themes for each day:
- MONDAY: Wear your 1950s clothes.
- TUESDAY: Wear your 1960s/70s clothes.
- WEDNESDAY: Wear your 1980s clothes.
- THURSDAY: Wear your 1990s clothes.
- FRIDAY: Wear your 2000s clothes.
Please review the Decade Spirit Week 2020.
Hey Rider nation! Go support the Senior Class at Chipotle on Monday night. Make sure to mention us at the register. See you there!
Attention Interact Club members- there will not be an Interact Club meeting today. That’s no Interact Club meeting today!
Wednesday, January 22nd is the deadline to sign up for the Black History Museum. Please see Ms. Boykin for information. Stop by the Project Unity meeting tomorrow at 1:45 in room 137 to work on bios for the Living History Museum.
Are you interested in participating in the Black History Month Living Museum? If so, see Mrs. Boykin in room 161 to get information to sign up today.
Juniors — “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, YOU ARE A LEADER.” That’s right juniors, YOU are leaders!! So, if you are still interested in applying for the leadership retreat planning committee and missed this week’s informational meeting? Come to the Activities Office today to pick up your applications. Remember, completed applications are due January 31, so stop in soon. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Jurging.
Any boys in grades 9-12 who may be interested in playing Volleyball this season, there is a January and February open gym schedule in the Athletic Office. Coach Pritts is looking forward to seeing some new faces this season!
Juniors — TODAY is THE DAY! Any junior interested in applying for the 2020 leadership retreat planning committee must attend today’s informational meeting at 1:45 in room 133. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Jurging.
The Academic Challenge meeting is rescheduled and will he held Thursday in room 186 immediately after school.
Calling all Interacters! The first Interact Club meeting is today at 2:40. We will meet in the Library. Excited to see you there!
Please note the upcoming important dates:
- Friday, January 17 – Nine Lives Project All-School Assembly (9:05 a.m.)
- Wednesday, January 22 – CTE Visitation for ALL SOPHOMORES – They are to report to 1st period for attendance and then immediately report to the auditorium. Students will be participating in career exploration opportunities during periods 1-2-3.
- Thursday, January 23 – 8th Grade Scheduling Orientation –ALL 8th Graders will be in the building from 8:30-10:30 a.m. (Note that this is a change from originally having two groups/times for the 8th grade visitations.)
- Friday, January 31 – Winter Sports Pep Assembly
- Thursday, February 6 – CTE Conversation w/ Parents (6:30 pm) & 8th Grade Open House (7:00 pm)