October 1, 2020
Dear Students, Parents, and Friends of Roosevelt High School,
The 2020 school year started like no other. Students who are attending TRHS during one of the cohorts have been amazingly resilient. As frustrating as this pandemic is, students are socially distancing, wearing masks, and actively engaging in their classes, activities, and sports. We are impressed and pleased with how our staff is determining new ways to provide a high quality learning experience for our students. Even though we know this is a challenging and difficult time, I would encourage all of us to focus on staying positive and remembering that as each day passes, we get closer to the end of this pandemic!
During this time, it is crucial we all communicate with one another. Our staff is great when it comes to returning phone calls or emails. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us. We will communicate with you through the Roosevelt website, Final Forms, Remind application, and Progress Book. Additionally, you may find additional information by following these school Twitter accounts:
- Principal Dennis Love — general school information
- TRHS Counseling Department — news from the Counseling Dept.
- Kent Schools CTE — Career Technical Education program news
- Roosevelt Athletics — athletics news, updates, scores, and more
- TRHS Student Council — various info regarding upcoming student events, spirit weeks, student polls, and more
- Roosevelt Library
- Seniors — Class of 2021
- Juniors — Class of 2022
- Sophomores — Class of 2023
- Freshmen — Class of 2024
1st Grading Period: The first grading period will end on Monday, October 19, and report cards will be posted on Progress Book by the end of Friday, October 23. Whether a student is attending virtually or in person, the expectation is to be present and be willing to work. If you are a student who is struggling, please contact your teacher, counselor, or administrator. We are all here to help and create the best possible learning environment.
Parent & Teacher Conferences: On Oct. 19th, Oct. 26th and Nov. 24th parents and guardians will have the opportunity to conference with your students’ teachers. Some teachers will be strictly virtual while others will have the ability to meet in person. Please remember to wear a mask at all times inside the building.
SCHEDULING WILL START MONDAY, OCT. 5TH.
To schedule your conferences, please email Mrs. Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- STUDENT NAME
- TEACHER you would like to schedule with. Type ALL if you would like all of their teachers
- DATE you would like to schedule
- TIME that is best for you
If you have any questions regarding conferences, please call Nicole Harris at (330) 676-8701.
Conferences will be held:
Monday, October 19th 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Monday, October 26th 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Tuesday, November 24th 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Homecoming: Our Homecoming events were originally scheduled for the October 2-3 weekend, which have since been cancelled . However, due to the current COVID guidelines and district parameters, TRHS has created alternative events to celebrate a Homecoming season. The following items are being proposed and planned by our Student Council and Booster clubs (pending final health department approval):
- Friday, October 16, 2020 — Midway Drive-in Live Stream of FB Game
- a virtual live streaming football game experience for all students (first come, first serve basis – based on capacity of the drive-in);
- fall sports virtual highlights video;
- homecoming court virtual presentation
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 — Homecoming Dinner (SENIORS ONLY) & Virtual Dance
- a Senior ONLY dinner event at the high school (so social distancing can be maintained);
- a virtual dance (DJ event) for all students to access from home