February 3, 2020
Dear Students, Parents, and Friends of Theodore Roosevelt,
Thursday, February 6th, is a very special night at Roosevelt. On that night we have our 8th Grade Open House at 7 p.m. and our Career Technical Education (CTE) Conversation with Parents for 10th and 9th grade parents & students at 6:30 p.m..
During the 8th Grade Open House you will meet our current students, teachers, and coaches. They all work together to make this event an informative and wonderful evening. We enjoy welcoming our new students and families to our school by showing them all that we offer. We also strongly encourage our prospective students to get involved. Our Roosevelt family works hard to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students. We have no doubt that this first impression will be a positive one.
During the Career Technical Education Conversation with Parents for 10th and 9th grade parents & students, families can tour TRHS CTE programs, talk to teachers, and get a firsthand look at everything Theodore Roosevelt has to offer. Please go directly to the program room(s):
- Athletic Health Care & Fitness — Rm. 151;
- Business & Sports Management — Rm. 184;
- Computer Aided Design & Engineering Technologies — Rm. 150;
- Construction Technologies — Rm. 178;
- Cosmetology — Rm. 168;
- Electronics, Robotics and Programming — Rm. 157;
- Engineering Academy — Rm. 155;
- Forestry & Landscape Management — Rm. 176;
- Health Careers Technology — Rm. 158;
- Marketing — Rm. 167; and
- Teaching Professions — Rm. 170.
As we celebrate Black History this month, we are preparing to recreate our Living Museum showcasing African American History. On Thursday February 20, during the lunch periods, we will commemorate African American heroes whose positive influences continue to touch the lives of people everywhere.
Prior to Martin Luther King Jr. Day, students enjoyed the excellent assembly, The Nine Lives Project. During Women’s History month, we will also have another incredible all-school assembly. Author, Nic Stone, who wrote Dear Martin, a New York Times best seller, will meet with all of our students on Monday, March 9. During their English classes approximately 1200 students had the opportunity to read Dear Martin. Students and teachers are using professional development time to plan and prepare for this visit. This will be a special day for all Roosevelt students.
Athletically, we are proud of our women’s and men’s bowling team for their 10 – 0 records. The senior bowling captains for the women’s team are Braydn Harris and Jade Kimmel and the men’s team captains are Kobe Thigpen and Carter Troyer. We recognize and appreciate the hard work and time our bowlers put into their sport.
The following are important dates for upcoming events:
- Monday, February 3: ACT Seminar for Juniors
- Thursday, February 6: Career Technical Education Conversation with Parents – 6:30 p.m
- Thursday February 6: TRHS 8th Grade Open House — 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 10: Spring Sport Pre-Season Parent and Athlete Meeting – 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 11: Senior Class Guidance Information Assembly #2 (2nd period) – 8:25 a.m.
- Thursday, February 13: District Early Release for Students — 12:15 p.m. for high school students; we will follow the District Early Release Day Revised Bell Schedule (noting that there will be no early release Wednesday for professional development on 2-12-20)
- Friday, February 14: District In-Service — NO SCHOOL for students
- Monday, February 18: NO SCHOOL for Students/Staff – Presidents’ Day
- Tuesday, February 18: Board of Education Meeting at Roosevelt – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 25: ACT for Juniors at Stanton Middle School
- Thursday, February 27: TRHS Drama Guild Presents the Winter Musical Into the Woods — 6:00 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday, February 28 & 29: TRHS Drama Guild Presents the Winter Musical Into the Woods — 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 1: TRHS Drama Guild Presents the Winter Musical Into the Woods — 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 20: Career Technical Education applications due (visit www.sixdistrict.com for more info)
- Saturday, March 7: Rough Rider All-Sports Boosters Night at the Races Fundraiser at Roses Run Country Club — 6:00 p.m.
Thank you for your continued support and dedication.
Dennis Love, Principal