Below is an announcement from KSU about an amazing opportunity for students to learn Arabic, Chinese or Russian for free. If you are interested, please check out the website for information at the end of the post. Thanks…
Announcing the 2012 KSU Regents STARTALK Student Foreign Language Academy in Arabic, Chinese or Russian!
Chinese and Russian Student Academy: June 17-July 14, 2012.
· 2012 Application forms available at http://fla.mcls.kent.edu
· The program is intended for students with no prior knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or Russian
· The program is entirely free
· Students can receive up to 10 college credits
· Students live together in the KSU Honors College
· Students study in a supportive, culture-rich environment
· Teachers are experienced professionals from local colleges and universities
· Students are provided with a laptop computer and all necessary software for the course of the program · Students must participate in a follow-up academic year component consisting of distance learning and monthly Saturday sessions (administered and funded through PSEOP)
This summer start on your way to advanced proficiency in the critical-need languages of Arabic, Chinese or Russian! Talk to your parents and guidance counselor about this unique opportunity and apply to the Regents STARTALK Foreign Language Academy!
FLA Alumni have gone on to study these languages at the Intermediate level at such colleges and universities as Harvard, Princeton, Cornell, Oberlin, Kenyon College, Ohio State, University of Texas at Austin, and Kent State.
Check out our website at: fla.mcls.kent.edu or contact the Academy Director, Dr. Brian Baer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be posted on the site by March 1, 2012.