Resources for EDUCATORS to better understand the schedule and format of Ohio’s State Tests (OSTs), and how to help our children prepare for excellence!
TEST SECURITY PROVISIONS
This information is posted for all staff on Teacher Tools.
2018-19 Schedule for Ohio’s State Tests (KCSD administration has selected the following specific dates/ windows from those that were allowed by the ODE. More information will be available later regarding specific test dates within the windows):
- AASCD: February 13 – April 13
- OELPA: February 4 – March 29
- ACT: February 20
- SPRING BUILDING OST TESTING SCHEDULES
- 3-HS ELA: April 2 – April 23 (includes makeups)
- 3-HS Math, Science, Social Studies: April 10 – May 1 (includes makeups)
- HS Advanced Placement Exams: May 6 – 17
- Grade 3 ELA Summer (specific dates for KCS to be determined): July 8-12, 2019
- HS Summer EOC (specific dates for KCS to be determined): July 15-26, 2019
Student/ Family Letter re: retakes
PREPARING for OHIO’s STATE TESTS (OST)
- Math and English Language Arts tests BLUEPRINTS and SAMPLE/ Practice ITEMS link from here: https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Testing/Ohios-State-Test-in-ELA-Math-Science-SocialStudies/State-Tests-Content-Preparation-for-Teachers/English-Language-Arts-Test-Blueprints-and-Resource
- Science and Social Studies BLUEPRINTS have not changed since last year; Science and Social Studies PRACTICE items have been available
- This sheet may be helpful for understanding the various preparation resources that are available to you through TIDE; the Student Practice Resources page also has practice items, scoring guidance, and scoring rubrics for the writing.
- Released PARCC assessment items from 2015 year are available online, and may be useful for review and practice even for the new AIR-based tests. More information here: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Testing/State-Test-Updates-for-2015_2016/October-2015/2014-2015-PARCC-Test-Items-Released
- Thank you to everyone who has welcomed and worked with Courtney in understanding the AIR testing platform.
- In KENT all tests will be administered electronically .
Ohio Department of Education TESTING Page
Ohio’s Learning Standards and supporting resources.
- Achieve the Core resources for instruction, assessment, and professional support withe the Common Core State Standards
- AIR/OCBA PRACTICE TESTS and teacher resources
Link to PARENT RESOURCES page