This page is for RESIDENTS of the Kent City School District.
Kindergarten for the 2020-21 School Year
Each child who is five years of age on or before August 1 is eligible to enroll in kindergarten.
Please complete ALL 3 steps below before you come to your scheduled registration appointment.
1. Click this link to fill out and submit the 2020-21 New Student Enrollment form for EACH student. After you submit the enrollment form, it should AUTOMATICALLY take you to SignUpGenius. Aug 28: You may get an error message after you submit the form. We ARE receiving the submitted forms. You do not need to submit it again. We are working on this issue.
2. Schedule your appointment through . You only need to schedule ONE appointment, no matter how many students you need to register. We will be doing phone appointments until further notice.
Your appointment will be at the New Student Registration office at our Board of Education building, located at 321 N Depeyster St, Kent, OH 44240.
3. Click on this link to create an account on FinalForms, add your student(s), and complete and sign all forms for EACH student prior to your Registration appointment. If you need help, click here for the Parent Playbook.
Elementary students do not need to sign any forms.
If you are unable to create an account from your home or library computer, we have a computer available in the Registration office.
4. FALL 2020 – Please fill out this schedule request form to let us know if you would like your student to use remote learning this semester, or, if our district goes to a blended learning model, which group might work best for you, if you have a preference.
Required paper forms for all students. We have these forms in the Registration office, if you can’t print and fill them out prior to your appointment.
Paper Registration Forms for Parents:
Optional Forms and resources for Students in Kindergarten:
- Kindergarten Checklist – for your convenience
- Info on how to obtain an Ohio birth certificate
- Meal charge guidelines
- Free/Reduced meal & fee waiver information
- Student Insurance – 2019-20
- Allergy Action Plan
- Immunization Schedule – 2020-21
- Asthma School Action Plan
- Non-Prescription Medication Administered at School Form
- Prescription Medication Administered at School Form
- Local pediatricians
- Local pediatric dentists
- Child Care Options
- Consent for Release of Student Information (if applicable)
- Custody Pending Affidavit (if applicable & must be accompanied by court-stamped documentation)
What to bring to your registration appointment
When you come to our Central Registration office, please bring the required documents so we may make a copy for your student’s school folder:
- Parent/guardian(s) government issued picture identification
- Proof of Residency – Must provide TWO of the following documents only with parent/guardian(s) name(s)
Driver License or State Identification Card (will only be used if the address matches one of the documents listed below)
Purchase Agreement or Rental Agreement
Current utility bill – gas, electric, water only
Work record (pay stub)
Public assistance (e.g., check stubs, form, etc.)
Voter’s registration card
- An authentic health department copy of the child’s Birth Certificate – (hospital birth record not accepted) or Passport
- Child’s Immunization Records – see above in the Optional Forms and resources
- The student’s most recent transcript or report card
- Custody or Guardianship papers, if applicable. If the student is not living with both natural parents, court documentation is required. It must be time-stamped or sealed by the Court.
- Copy of I.E.P. or 504 Plan, if applicable
Ms. Erica Routt
Kent City Schools Board of Education
New Student Registration Office
321 N Depeyster St.
Kent, OH 44240
Rear of the building, at the bottom of the ramp
By appointment only through SignUpGenius.
- Map of our elementary school boundaries – Coming Soon