Please note: Supermarket Science has been discontinued following the 2009-2010 school year due to upcoming changes in science requirements by the Ohio Department of Education.
I’m leaving the labs for the class up here in case any other teachers would like to use them in their own classes, but they will not be updated as of August 2010. These are PDF versions – if you would like Microsoft Word .DOC versions so you can make your own changes, please feel free to contact me at ccarman *at* kentschools *dot* net.
- Investigating Hard and Soft Water
- Natural Indicators
- Detecting Phosphates in Cola
- Chemistry of Invisible Inks
- Ink Chromatography
- Layers of Liquids
- Molecular Crystals: Sugar
- Investigating Milk
- Making Cheese
- Making Ice Cream
- Are Your French Fries Greasy?
- The Fat Content of Ground Beef
- Mayonnaise, an Edible Emulsion
- Are All Sugars Sweet?
- Artificial Fragrances
- The Chemistry of Bruised Fruit
- Bananas: The Riper They Are, the Sweeter They Are
- Making Marshmallows
- A Chemical Apple Pie
- Tests for Protein
- Chemistry of the Permanent Wave
- What is a Cooked Egg?
- Plant Enzymes that Digest Protein
- Making Glue
- Hot Peppers and Capsaicin