BOOK IN PRINT
Smith, J. (2003). General Washington’s army: A story of survival. Wilmington, DE: Scholastic.
Harrison, J. & Johnson, P. (1998). The end of an era. New York, NY: Faber and Faber.
CHAPTER IN AN EDITED BOOK
Harte, P. J. (2000). Crimes of passion. In W. Johnson (Ed.), Nonviolent crimes in America (pp. 62-67). New York, NY: McNeil Press.
Martin, J. (1990). Dr. J.: The greatest of all time. Sports Illustrated, 25(4), 12-18.
With an Author
Wilson, B. (1998). The rise and fall of the Persian people. Retrieved from http://persianhistory/ancient.htm
Without an Author
Surfing is a whole lot of fun. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://surfsup/forkids.102393/tmp.questionsaboutsurfing.com
ONLINE REFERENCE WITH NO AUTHOR/EDITOR
History of China. (2007). In Encarta Online Encyclopedia (11th ed.). Retrieved from http://encaraonlineencyclopedia.history/china/html
ELECTRONIC VERSION OF A PRINT BOOK
Shotton, M. A. (1989). Computer addictions: A case study. [Google Books version]. Retrieved from http://googlebooks.33093920/geve.com
ARTICLE IN AN INTERNET PERIODICAL
Matheson, R. (2001, June). Horror stories of the world. Gothic Online, 13(2). Retrieved from http://gothicmagazineonline.net
ARTICLE FROM A LICENSED DATABASE
- Generally, follow the INTERNET PERIODICAL format, unless the article has been assigned a DOI (digital object identifier), a specific number assigned to that particular article. Not all articles will have one of these.
- Also, add page numbers after the volume and issue number, since these articles were originally in print.
Sapper, M. F. (2000). The tropical seas of doom. Oceanography Quarterly, 22(3), 220-239. doi:10:1048/2009-3322.214.171.124
- If a reference you used does not appear on this sheet, consult the Purdue Online Writing Lab for information on how it is formatted: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- For the most part, the entry for any source that does not list an author should begin with the article title, followed by its date of publication.
- Alternately, you can use Citation Machine’s automatic APA form to assist you!
Thanks to Mr. Harr for sharing this guideline!