Please note: as of fall 2014, I no longer teach Chemistry, so while these resources will remain available on my blog, they will not be updated until I teach Chemistry again. Feel free to email me if you have any questions at ccarman *at* kentschools *dot* net!
These are PDF versions of my handouts for CP Chemistry.
- About CP Chemistry – the most important handout that describes how I run the class
- Class Rules – all of my class rules, expectations and consequences
- Lab Safety Contract – this must be signed by both the student and a parent and returned before the student is allowed to participate in any laboratory activities
- Course Syllabus (2013-2014) – a list of all of the general topics we’ll be learning in class, by quarter
- Book Assignments (2013-2014) – a detailed list of every specific learning target and the book assignments for each, by quarter
- Writing Assignments (2013-2014) – due dates for the bi-weekly extended writing assignments to be completed on Google Drive
- Laboratory Equipment handout – diagrams of most of the lab equipment we’ll be using throughout the school year
These handouts are found in the Lab Activities packet:
- Lab Syllabus – a list of all the laboratory activities we’ll be completing throughout the school year
- Lab Safety Rules – specific safety rules and expectations for laboratory activities
- Laboratory Know-How handout – general procedures and tips to being safe and successful in the chemistry laboratory
- How To Write a Lab Report handout – an overview of what’s required to complete the lab reports
- Periodic Table – a printable periodic table from www.webelements.com
- Useful Equations handout – all of the equations we’ll use throughout the school year, organized by topic
- Common Ions handout – a list of all the monatomic and polyatomic ions we’ll use throughout the school year, especially 1st and 2nd Quarters
- SI Prefixes Table handout – list of all SI prefixes and their conversion factors
If you are a science teacher and would like any of these original Microsoft Word documents for use in your own class, please email me at ccarman -at- kentschools -dot- net and I’ll be glad to send them to you.