Hello future scientists! This week, you’ll need to complete all parts Assignment #1-3: Biogeochemical Cycles by Friday, September 18th:
1. Read the Essential Knowledge slides
2. Watch the first Crash Course Ecology video: “The Hydrologic and Carbon Cycles”
3. Run the “Water’s Incredible Journey” simulation that I made for you in Scratch
4. Watch the second Crash Course Ecology video: “Nitrogen and Phosphorus Cycles”
5. Complete the #1-3: Directed Task using reputable online resources
6. Complete the #1-3: Creative Task and attach it to Google Classroom or send it to me through Remind, email or text – don’t forget to include a short explanation of how your creation meets the learning goals
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful week!
Hello everyone! This week, you’ll need to complete all parts Assignment #1-2: Biomes of the World by Monday, September 14th:
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great short week!
Hello, and welcome to Environmental Science! My name is Mr. Carman, and I’ll be your teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please review the important information in these Google Slides.
After reviewing the Slides, please fill out this Google Form: Questions about Environmental Science.
Finally, complete all parts Assignment #1-1: Introduction to Ecosystems by Friday, September 4th:
Please let me know if you have any questions about anything at all! I hope you have a great first week back.
Due to school being closed by the coronavirus pandemic, students in my classes should follow these plans:
- Environmental Science:
- AP Environmental Science:
- follow the APES assignments document on Google Classroom; assignments will also be posted on Remind like usual
- AP Physics 2:
- follow the AP Physics 2 assignments document on Google Classroom; assignments will also be posted on Remind like usual
- AT Chemistry:
- finish Lab 6 & 7 write-up; await further instructions
- AP Computer Science Principles:
- finish Unit 4
- complete the Explore Task
- complete the Create Task
- work on Unit 5
Since Governor DeWine has said that it’s likely we’ll be out longer than three weeks, please keep in touch through Remind, email or text. Stay calm, stay safe, stay indoors, and I hope we’ll all see each other soon (but not too soon!).
Hello! This week, we’ll wrap up our unit on Aquatic & Terrestrial Pollution so we can close out 3rd Quarter and get ready to forget everything over Spring Break. 🙂 Here’s our agenda for Monday, March 9th through Friday, March 13th:
- Mon. 3/9
- re-finish #8-5: Lethal Dose (LD50) Lab 🙂
- APES: read Ch. 20-1 through 20-3 and answer Questions #1-6 on p.571 (due Fri. 3/13)
- Tue. 3/10
- watch first half of “Contagion”
- DUE: #8-7: Water Purification Lab
- Wed. 3/11
- watch “The Story of Poo” video
- start #8-10: Fecal Coliform Testing
- Thu. 3/12
- finish #8-10: Fecal Coliform Testing
- DUE: #8-8: Pollution Laws Timeline
- Fri. 3/13
- Quiz #8: Aquatic & Terrestrial Pollution
- DUE: #8-9: Infectious Disease Activity
- APES DUE: p.571 Questions #1-6
Have a wonderful week! 3rd Quarter ends on March 20th, so make sure you turn in all of your work on time.
Welcome to March! We will continue our unit on Aquatic & Terrestrial Pollution with some more labs and an investigation into pollution laws. Here’s what we’re doing for Monday, March 2nd through Friday, March 6th:
- Mon. 3/2
- finish #8-5: Lethal Dose (LD50) Lab
- DUE: #7-1: Air Quality Index (AQI)
- APES: read Ch. 17-4 through 17-5 and answer Questions #7-10 and the Data Analysis on p.470 (due Fri. 3/6)
- Tue. 3/3
- #8-7: Water Purification Lab
- DUE: #8-3: Bioaccumulation Activity
- Wed. 3/4
- watch “Cosmos: The Clean Room” video
- Thu. 3/5
- #8-8: Pollution Laws Timeline
- DUE: #8-6: Forensic Groundwater Contamination Lab
- Fri. 3/6
- #8-9: Infectious Disease Activity
- DUE: #8-4: Eutrophication Lab
- APES DUE: p.470 #7-10 & Data Analysis
We only have a few weeks left before the end of 3rd Quarter, so make sure you get your work turned in. Let me know if you have any questions, and have a great week!
Finally, a normal week without holidays, snow days or professional development! This week we’ll continue our unit on Aquatic & Terrestrial Pollution by setting up several long-term labs and doing a couple simulations. Should be fun! Here’s what we’re doing for Monday, February 24th through Friday, February 28th:
- Mon. 2/24
- #8-3: Bioaccumulation Activity; set up #8-4: Eutrophication Lab
- APES: read Ch. 17-1 through -3 and answer Questions #1-6 on p.469 (due Fri. 2/28)
- Tue. 2/25
- Wed. 2/26
- start #8-5: Lethal Dose (LD50) Lab
- DUE: #8-1: Pollution in Your Neighborhood
- Thu. 2/27
- #8-6: Forensic Groundwater Contamination Lab
- Fri. 2/28
- finish #8-4: Eutrophication Lab
- DUE: #8-2: Pollutants in the Body
- APES DUE: p.469 #1-6
Enjoy the last week of February! As always, please let me know if you have any questions.