Good afternoon, future physicists! This week we’ll wrap up the quantum mechanical model of the atom, take our first quiz, and then take a deep dive into the nucleus. Here are your assignments for Tuesday, September 3rd through Friday, September 6th:
- Mon. 9/2
- Labor Day – NO SCHOOL
- Tue. 9/3
- review Chapter 27 Problems #37-41, 43, 48-49
- Wed. 9/4
- review Chapter 27 Problems #54, 57, 67, 68, 80, 83, 86
- HW: study for the quiz!
- Thu. 9/5
- Quiz #1-1A: The Quantum Mechanical Model
- HW: read Chapter 30-1 through 30-7
- Fri. 9/6
- review quiz; intro to nuclear physics & decay
- HW: Chapter 30 Questions #1-20 (p.859)
I hope you enjoyed the quantum mechanical model and are looking forward to the nucleus; these are two of my favorite topics in the class. Enjoy your short week! Please let me know if you have any questions.