Treasurer’s Office receives prestigious Auditor of State Award
Kent City Schools Treasurer’s Office was recently recognized with an “Auditor of State Award” for FY2018. This is the seventh year the Kent Schools have received the prestigious award for excellence in financial reporting and a clean audit report. The Treasurer’s Office staff includes Treasurer/CFO Debbie Krutz, Assistant Treasurer Rose Vecchio, Mallory DePompei, Shari Jeffers, Tammy Lott, Paula Reedy and Tracy Shaffer.
According to Ohio Auditor of State Keith Faber, recipients must file timely reports and meet a number of requirements. “The citizens you represent are well-served by your effective and accountable financial practices,” Faber said.
Kent Board of Education President Rebekah Wright Kulis stated, “We sometimes take for granted the excellent work of the Treasurer’s office team members. This award draws a spotlight to celebrate their fiscal responsibility, attention to detail and dedication to the Kent community, students and staff.”
Mark your calendar for year-end events
May is always a busy month in the Kent City Schools as our students complete another year of focus on academics, as well as co-curricular activities such as athletics, music and art. Here is a list of a few of our celebratory events this month.
- Friday, May 3, at 7 p.m.— annual POPs concert at Roosevelt
- Tuesday, May 7, at 7 p.m.— Roosevelt Scholar and Achievement Awards
- Thursday, May 9, at 7 p.m. — Roosevelt Band Concert
- Friday, May 10, at 5 p.m.— Longcoy Family Picnic at Al Lease Park
- Friday, May 10, at 9 a.m. — Walls All School Carnival
- Monday, May 13 at 7 p.m. — Stanton Choir Concert at Roosevelt
- Tuesday, May 14 at 7 p.m. — Stanton and Roosevelt Orchestra Concert
- Wednesday, May 15, at 7 p.m.— Stanton Eighth Grade Honors Night
- Thursday, May 16, at 7 p.m.— Roosevelt Jazz Band and Orchestra at Home Town Bank Concert in downtown Kent
- Friday, May 17, at 7:50 a.m.— Roosevelt Senior Honors Assembly
- Sunday, May 20, at 1 p.m.— Roosevelt Baccalaureate and Commencement
- Thursday, May 23— Last Day of School for students
Check your school’s calendar for other important events in May. The support of our parents is so important to a child’s success. Thank you again for all you do for the Kent City Schools,
George J. Joseph
Superintendent of Schools