Walls Elementary School is excited to announce that we are building a makerspace for our students in Room 104, and we need your help!
What is a makerspace? “To define a school makerspace by its purpose and simplest of terms, it is a place where young people have an opportunity to explore their own interests; learn to use tools and materials, both physical and virtual; and develop creative projects.” Laura Flemming Worlds of Making
Please send any supplies you no longer need.
Examples of items that we are in need of:
- Large wooden craft sticks
- Duct tape, electrical tape, masking tape, painters tape
- Wires, pipe cleaners/chenille sticks, wikki stix
- New batteries (all sizes)
- Office Supplies: Expo markers, scissors, tape, construction paper, pencils, rulers
- Toys: legos, building toys, science kits, broken toys, small actions figures, animal figurines
- Household items: styrofoam cups/plates, foil, wax paper, coffee filters, toothpicks, straws, cereal/soda boxes, plastic solo style cups, plastic spoons, forks, knives
- Packaging materials such as bubble wrap
- Paper towel tubes, popsicle sticks, paint stir sticks, buttons, origami paper
- Storage containers: plastic tubs
- Plastic bags: gallon size, quart size, sandwich size
- All kinds of glue and glue guns
- String, ribbon, yarn, beads, material (cloth), felt, scrap booking materials, wall paper, stickers, newspaper, old magazines, stamps and ink
Send the items with your child, or call 330-676-8300 to arrange a time when they can be dropped off.
“Scientists have recently determined that it takes approximately 400 repetitions to create a new synapse in the brain – unless it is done with play, in which case, it takes between 10 and 20 repetitions!” Dr. Karyn Purvis