Kindergarten “Registration Night” will be held on Wednesday, April 3, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. in the gym of each elementary building. Registration packets will be available for early pick-up beginning Wednesday, March 20, 2013. Completed paperwork will not be accepted prior to Registration Night. Parent/guardian(s) of children who will be five years old on or before August 1, 2013, should plan to attend. Parent/guardian(s) must register their child at the elementary school which serves their area of attendance. Application forms for “Intradistrict Open Enrollment” can be obtained that evening for parent/guardian(s) who may need to have their child attend an elementary school different from the neighborhood school.
Parent/guardian(s) must bring the following original documents that evening:
- Government issued picture identification;
- Proof of Residency – Must provide TWO of the following documents with parent/guardian(s) name(s):
* Driver License or State Identification Card (will only be used if the address matches one of the documents listed below)
* Purchase Agreement or Rental Agreement
* Current utility bill
* Work record (pay stub)
* Public assistance (e.g., check stubs, form)
* Voter’s registration card
- An authentic health department copy of the child’s Birth Certificate (hospital birth record NOT accepted) or Passport;
- Child’s immunization records;
- Child’s social security card; and
- Custody or guardianship papers (if applicable). If student is not living with both natural parents, court documentation is required. It must be time-stamped or sealed by the Court.
During “Registration Night,” basic registration forms will be completed and a brief overview of the Kindergarten program will be presented by the building principal and the Kindergarten teacher(s). Materials describing the Kent Parks & Recreation before and after school childcare programs will also be available. Please note that this is a PARENT/GUARDIAN(S) ONLY evening. Kindergarten Orientation and Kindergarten Screening will take place in each elementary school at the start of the new school year. Assignment letters for half-day kindergarten will be mailed in August.
If you are unable to attend “Registration Night,” please contact the school in your neighborhood attendance area: Davey Elementary, (330) 676-7400; Franklin Elementary, (330) 676-8450; Holden Elementary, (330) 676-8400; Longcoy Elementary, (330) 676-8350; and Walls Elementary, (330) 676-8300, to make other registration arrangements. If you are not sure which school your child should attend, please check our web site at www.kentschools.net, click on the Parents link and scroll down to Enrollment and Registration for additional instructions or contact our Transportation Department at (330) 676-7690.