Kent State will be hosting an all-girls hackathon on Saturday, March 3rd for girls grades 7 & up. There is no cost to attend but they have limited slots. Registration & additional details can be found at the event website.
Kent City Schools has reached the limit of Calamity days for the 2013-14 school year. In the event we use more Calamity days, ODE has established an option for school districts to offer an alternative method for students to access and complete classroom lessons, which would avoid having to make up school days in June.
To minimize the loss of instructional time, teachers will deliver assignments to their students utilizing one of the methods below:
1) As soon as practicable after an announced school closure, teachers who utilize online connections with their students (blogs, Google Docs, Edmodo, etc.) will post assignment(s) in a manner consistent with how the students are used to accessing the material.
a) If students do not have access to technology at home, they will be provided with a hard copy of the assignment upon return to school.
b) According to ODE, ALL students have 2 weeks to complete these assignments.
2) Teachers will be sending 3 days of hard-copy assignments (clearly indicating Day 1, Day 2, Day 3).
a) According to ODE, ALL students have 2 weeks to complete these assignments.
If you have questions, please contact your building Principal.
Led by Jeff Joseph, his daughter Jessica Joseph, and Tom Larkin, the Don Joseph Toyota dealership in Kent has donated a brand-new, untitled 2014 Toyota Corolla for a car raffle to benefit students in the Kent City Schools.
Tickets are available for $10 through the Kent Schools’ Parent Teacher Organizations at the elementary schools and Stanton Middle School. The Rough Rider All Sports Boosters and the Instrumental Music Boosters are handling sales at the high school.
Tickets will be sold until February 14, 2014 and are also available at the dealership at 1111 West Main Street in Kent. The raffle drawing will be held at Don Joseph Toyota/Scion on March 1 at 1:00 PM. The winner need not be present. Visit www.djtoyota.com for contest rules.
All proceeds from raffle sales will be distributed to the seven Kent schools to be used for arts projects, technology, athletics, or playground equipment. In addition, the top student seller will receive a $1,000 college scholarship from Don Joseph Toyota/Scion.
According to Assistant Superintendent Tom Larkin, “Don Joseph Toyota/Scion has always been supportive of the Kent City Schools. When Jeff Joseph contacted us about this raffle, we were surprised and appreciative of the opportunity. All our Kent City School students will benefit from this generous donation.”
This raffle is being conducted through the Kent City School Foundation.
- Stanton Fall Sports Teams will begin practice on August 1, 2013
- FOOTBALL begins August 5th
- Volleyball, open gym is August 1 and 2 from 8-10 am
- Tryouts will be held on August 5,6 and 7 from 7:30-10:30 am
- Girls’ Soccer practices are from 6:00-8:00 p.m. August 1 thru August 16, but please check the website for up-to-date info/times.
- Soccer tryouts will be held the week of August 5th-9th.
Welcome a new athletic director, Marty Tinkler to Stanton this year. He comes with a wealth of knowledge about student athletes . His number is 330-676-8640.
If you need information about practice times and schedules, please go to the athletic tab on our Stanton home page. The parent meeting for all athletes will take place August 6 at RHS. Middle school coaches will meet with each parent group to answer questions.