Our vision is to become a community of students, faculty, and staff which values learning, caring, and
Our commitment to learning means that we aspire to:
- create an environment where students want to learn and are able to grow.
- develop a range of programs and activities to serve all students.
- make students ready, academically and socially, to meet their futures.
- challenge students to learn thoughtfully and to solve problems skillfully.
Our commitment to caring means that we aspire to:
- base our decisions on the best interests of the school community.
- lead students to relate to, communicate with, and be tolerant of one another.
- foster senses of responsibility and accountability within the community.
- encourage students to develop their moral and spiritual values.
Our commitment to creativity means that we aspire to:
- appreciate and encourage diversity within the community.
- seek out creative and novel approaches to problems.
- employ a wide range of educational practices and techniques.
- encourage students to be resourceful and self-reliant.
- All students can learn.
- Learners possess multiple intelligences.
- Participation in the learning community fosters social, civic, emotional, and intellectual growth.
- Diverse instructional strategies and environments enhance learning.
- Shared vision and shared experiences are the foundation of the school community.
- The competing goals of excellence and equity produce energizing tension within the community.
- Problems present opportunities for re-evaluation, growth, and change.
- Teaching is an art, as well as a craft, and the teacher-student relationship is at its heart.
- Intellectual Development
- Life Skill Acquisition
- Relationship Building
- Character Growth