Pictured from the left: Bishop Ragin 9th grade, Sharefa and Jehan Almlwad 10th grade, Brianna Knapp 11th grade, Halle Jordan 12th
Congratulations to our September students of the Month!
They were nominated by faculty and staff who noticed them exhibiting the Roosevelt Way and their Rough Rider pride.
ACT Strategy Session
Learn everything there is to know about the exam. Meet a Princeton Review expert who will go over test content, walk you through some sample questions and show you score-raising strategies to use on test day. Registration is required for both the strategy session and the practice test. Registration needs to be online.
- What: ACT Strategy Session
- When : Monday, September 25, 2017
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Where: Kent Free Library
- Cost: $0
ENROLL NOW STRATEGY SESSION
- What: ACT Practice Test
- When: Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Where: Kent Free Library
- Cost: $0
ENROLL NOW PRACTICE TEST
Funding YOUR Future
Tuesday October 24, 2017 @ 6:30 pm Kilcawley Center Chestnut Room on the YSU Campus
- Learn the basics about applying for financial aid
- Meet our financial aid counselors
- Get direct assistance with online applications
- Community service event just in time for the FAFSA
- Opportunity for parents and students in 11th and 12th grades planning to attend college
Miami University is proud to announce the dates for 2017 Bridges Program. It is an overnight experience for high achieving high school seniors from historically underrepresented populations or who have a commitment to promoting a deeper understanding of an appreciation for diversity. Students representing different backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Students who complete the Bridges Program, apply, are accepted, and enroll on the Oxford campus for Fall 2018 will be eligible to receive a scholarship. Last year, Bridges Program participants received scholarships ranging from $2,500 to full tuition annually.
We will host four Bridges sessions this year, and transportation will be provided from these locations:
- Session I: October 22-23 Chillicothe and Columbus Ohio
- Session II: October 29-30, Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio
- Session III: November 5-6, Out of State Student (via Cincinnati and Dayton airports and bus stations)
- Session IV: November 12-13, Akron, Cleveland, and Toledo, Ohio
To be considered, students must submit the following:
- Online application with two short story answer essays (available at MiamiOH.edu/Bridges
- Counselor recommendation form
- Standardized test scores
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Rigorous curriculum
- demonstrated leadership and co curricular activities
- Deadline is September 18, 2017
Seniors here are a few websites that can help you in your search to pay for college.
Financial aid basics
Finding money for school
Help Scholarships find you
This is a wonderful opportunity for students interested in being veterinarians. Vet for a Day participants join veterinary students at The Ohio State university College of Veterinary medicine to experience the busy life of a veterinarian, participate in hands on activities and tour the Veterinary Medical Center.
Vet for a Day
- Sunday October 1st or Staurday, November 18th.
- The event is held on Ohio State’s Columbus campus and cost $45, which includes lunch.
- Students can learn more and register at: http://vet.osu.edu./vfadreg
You are cordially invited to attend the 2017 Northeast Ohio Suburban College Fair, an OACAC approved college fair. Approximately 130 colleges and universities will be in attendance to offer information about academic programs, admission requirements, scholarships and financial aid. Be sure to mark your calendars with the following information:
Thursday, October 12, 2017
6:30P.M. to 8P.M.
Dolan Center for Science and Technology
John Carroll University
1 John Carroll Boulevard
University Heights, Ohio 44118
If you have any questions, contact Alexandra Edwards in John Carroll University’s Office of Admissions at 216-397-1716 or email@example.com.
On Saturday , October 21, 2017 from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm spark your creative side by taking part in this event for girls. The program is designed to teach girls about the impact of innovations of women and inspire them to become inventors, too! Interactive and innovative workshops will showcase women inventors and involve the girls in projects that relate to occupations in science technology engineering and math (STEM). Registration is limited and often closes prior to the registration deadline of October 1st, 2017.
What to expect:
- Check in begins at 8:00 am and the program runs from8:30 until 2 pm.
- All participants will receive a bag and a fun patch.
- A light breakfast and lunch is included.
- A campus map and information on free parking will be sent to you when we receive your registration
- Photo releases for each registered participant will be emailed prior to the event and must be returned on the day of the event.
- Space is limited. Registrations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Cost is $20 per student participating. $9 per adult attending.
- Girls from 6-10th grades would most benefit from this experience.
For more information: https://www.uakron.edu/engineering/beyond-the-classroom/women-in-engineering/outreach-camps.dot
Are you looking for Scholarships for college? You can start you search to the left under the scholarships link. The scholarships that have sent information to the school is located there.
This program aligns with Oberlin College’s commitment to continue building a diverse campus community. Applications are encouraged from students of color as well as students from families with limited financial resources, regardless of cultural or racial background, and first -generation college students. This all-expenses-paid visit program is for high school seniors. More information is available online at: