KSU is excited to be hosting FAFSA Help Ohio on Sunday, November 19th, 2017 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to receive hands-on help completing their FAFSA for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. The event will be held on the 2nd floor of the Kent State University Student Center. Students and their families are encouraged to register for this event if they need assistance completing the FAFSA. The attached flyer lists all of the information that they will need to bring with them in order to complete the FAFSA and the contact information for registering for the event.
Flyer for FAFSA HELP OHIO
To register pleascontact Brenda Dillon, Assistant Director @ email@example.com or call 330-672-0516
For a list of other locations and time that may be more suitable, visit FAFSAhelpOH.org
The Donovan Breakfast honors one of The University of Akron longest standing donors in the college of Engineering, Margaret Donovan. During this event you will get: a feel for the campus, receive advice from students and professional in engineering, meet other female engineers and role models and do an engineering activities. Women in Engineering Visit day and Donovan Breakfast is a casual event. It’s our way of introducing you to engineering and what UA has to offer.
- Who: Open to 9th-12th graders with opportunity to meet other female engineers and role models
- What: A dynamic half day program including labs, activities, speakers and a free breakfast.
- When: December 9, 2017 Starts @ 8:00 am
- Where: The University of Akron Student Union Ballroom Event flyer To Register
WHAT IS YSU CRASH DAY?
Crash Day is your chance to “crash” the Youngstown State University campus for a college visit that’s unlike any other! Visit YSU and explore buildings and classes, talk to professors and students, and learn about majors and offerings – all on your own terms.
Click here for full details- YSU
Pictured from the left: Bishop Ragin 9th grade, Sharefa and Jehan Almlwad 10th grade, Brianna Knapp 11th grade, Halle Jordan 12th
Congratulations to our September students of the Month!
They were nominated by faculty and staff who noticed them exhibiting the Roosevelt Way and their Rough Rider pride.
Are you looking for Scholarships for college? You can start you search to the left under the scholarships link. The scholarships that have sent information to the school is located there.
This program aligns with Oberlin College’s commitment to continue building a diverse campus community. Applications are encouraged from students of color as well as students from families with limited financial resources, regardless of cultural or racial background, and first -generation college students. This all-expenses-paid visit program is for high school seniors. More information is available online at:
Madelyn Fisher viewing the eclipse on 8-21-2017.
It was the most viewed and photographed eclipse in history. Here at Theodore Roosevelt high school was no exception. The students Stanton Middle School and the TRHS joined together at the stadium to view this historic event.
Summer School Opportunity at Cuyahoga Falls (This may fit into your schedule easier than Theodore Roosevelt High School.)
Summer Session at CFHS will begin directly after Memorial Day on May 30th. CFHS summer Session is open to any student that will be in grades 9-12 in the 2017-2018 school year.
Several copies of of this brochure can be found in the Guidance Office. If you choose you can download digital copy at http://www.cfalls.summit.k12.oh.us/.
The Summer Scholars Program provides a rich, early college experience for academically-talented rising high school juniors and seniors from across the globe. Students will join an engaged community of learners for an intense, two-week program in which they do the following:
- Participate in challenging, immersive academic modules centered on a specific topic or area of interest.
- Learn alongside our leading faculty and professional experts.
- Reside in a “living-learning” community with other Summer Scholars participants and get a real preview of college life — live in a residence hall, eat in our award-winning dining halls, and enjoy campus facilities such as our Recreational Sports Center and Goggin Ice Center.
- Attend special workshops on topics such as the college admission process and financial assistance. Get an insider’s look at the college application process — learn about ACT/SAT test preparation, how to find the right college fit, how to write the best college essay, as well as get an introduction to financial aid and scholarships.
- Participate in special excursions to local attractions, such as Kings Island, and a Dayton Dragons game.
- Receive priority consideration for merit scholarships and for selection to top programs such as the University Academic Scholars Program, and the University Honors Program.
The 2017 Summer Scholars Program will take place during two sessions:
July 2-14, 2017
July 16-28, 2017
Submit your Summer Scholars Program application by May 1. Rolling admission begins April 15.
For program cost information, please view the Summer Scholars Program Fees.
If you have questions about the Summer Scholars Program, please contact us by email at summerscholars@MiamiOH.edu or by phone at 513-529-2531.
Greetings from the Voices of Canton!
We are happy to announce this year’s scholarship auditions on April 30, 2017 at 2 pm located in Cable Recital Hall at the Cultural Center for the Arts in Canton, Ohio. This year’s scholarship opportunities total $5,500 for the 2017-2018 academic year. Please note that we are offering two new scholarships both at the undergraduate level. The Loren C. Veigel Award is being offered to an undergraduate male voice student. Each year we offer a scholarship of $500 to a high school student for assistance with private voice lessons, as well as a $500 scholarship to an adult, who has never pursued a degree in vocal music, for assistance with voices lessons.
I trust you have received the poster for the 2017 Scholarship Auditions. Please find the poster attached, in the event you did not receive the hard copy.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing your students at the upcoming auditions in April.
Voices of Canton, Inc.
1001 Market Ave. N
Canton, Oh 44702
“Many voices… One passion.”