The Donovan Breakfast honors one of The University of Akron longest standing donors in the college of Engineering, Margaret Donovan. During this event you will get: a feel for the campus, receive advice from students and professional in engineering, meet other female engineers and role models and do an engineering activities. Women in Engineering Visit day and Donovan Breakfast is a casual event. It’s our way of introducing you to engineering and what UA has to offer.
- Who: Open to 9th-12th graders with opportunity to meet other female engineers and role models
- What: A dynamic half day program including labs, activities, speakers and a free breakfast.
- When: December 9, 2017 Starts @ 8:00 am
- Where: The University of Akron Student Union Ballroom Event flyer To Register
Here is a copy the power point presentation that was shared during out College Financial Aid Information Night on 10-4-2017.
17-18 Financial Aid 101 info night
Here are important dates that Mr. Carlton and Mr. Kline would like everyone to have convenient access to! You can follow the link and download to your phone or other device.
Soph Jun Important dates
College Financial Aid Information Night
On Wednesday, October 4th @ 7:00 pm, there will be a program at the high school for all parents. The Guidance Office, along with a Financial Aid Representative, from Kent State University will present the latest information on scholarships, paying for college, changes to the FAFSA and financial aid. This is a “must” for all parents whose children may be going on to higher education. All parents are welcome.
College Sense Selective College Admissions and ACT Preparation Seminar
Monday, October 9, 2017 @ Theodore Roosevelt High School Auditorium from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- hear how to construct their applications to reflect the best light on their potential and value to colleges of their choice
- expect to hear little known insights about the admissions process
- be exposed to the latest strategies and time management tips for the ACT
- need to bring a calculator, pencils, and highlighter.
To Register: Please see Mrs. Martha Pifer before Friday, October 6th, 2017. The cost is $59.00 and checks should be made payable to Roosevelt High School.
College Sense letter to Students and Parents
ACT Strategy Session
Learn everything there is to know about the exam. Meet a Princeton Review expert who will go over test content, walk you through some sample questions and show you score-raising strategies to use on test day. Registration is required for both the strategy session and the practice test. Registration needs to be online.
- What: ACT Strategy Session
- When : Monday, September 25, 2017
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Where: Kent Free Library
- Cost: $0
ENROLL NOW STRATEGY SESSION
- What: ACT Practice Test
- When: Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Where: Kent Free Library
- Cost: $0
ENROLL NOW PRACTICE TEST
Funding YOUR Future
Tuesday October 24, 2017 @ 6:30 pm Kilcawley Center Chestnut Room on the YSU Campus
- Learn the basics about applying for financial aid
- Meet our financial aid counselors
- Get direct assistance with online applications
- Community service event just in time for the FAFSA
- Opportunity for parents and students in 11th and 12th grades planning to attend college
This is a wonderful opportunity for students interested in being veterinarians. Vet for a Day participants join veterinary students at The Ohio State university College of Veterinary medicine to experience the busy life of a veterinarian, participate in hands on activities and tour the Veterinary Medical Center.
Vet for a Day
- Sunday October 1st or Staurday, November 18th.
- The event is held on Ohio State’s Columbus campus and cost $45, which includes lunch.
- Students can learn more and register at: http://vet.osu.edu./vfadreg