College Financial Aid Information Night
On Wednesday, October 4th @ 7:00 pm, there will be a program at the high school for all parents. The Guidance Office, along with a Financial Aid Representative, from Kent State University will present the latest information on scholarships, paying for college, changes to the FAFSA and financial aid. This is a “must” for all parents whose children may be going on to higher education. All parents are welcome.
Pictured from the left: Bishop Ragin 9th grade, Sharefa and Jehan Almlwad 10th grade, Brianna Knapp 11th grade, Halle Jordan 12th
Congratulations to our September students of the Month!
They were nominated by faculty and staff who noticed them exhibiting the Roosevelt Way and their Rough Rider pride.
College Sense Selective College Admissions and ACT Preparation Seminar
Monday, October 9, 2017 @ Theodore Roosevelt High School Auditorium from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- hear how to construct their applications to reflect the best light on their potential and value to colleges of their choice
- expect to hear little known insights about the admissions process
- be exposed to the latest strategies and time management tips for the ACT
- need to bring a calculator, pencils, and highlighter.
To Register: Please see Mrs. Martha Pifer before Friday, October 6th, 2017. The cost is $59.00 and checks should be made payable to Roosevelt High School.
College Sense letter to Students and Parents
ACT Strategy Session
Learn everything there is to know about the exam. Meet a Princeton Review expert who will go over test content, walk you through some sample questions and show you score-raising strategies to use on test day. Registration is required for both the strategy session and the practice test. Registration needs to be online.
- What: ACT Strategy Session
- When : Monday, September 25, 2017
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Where: Kent Free Library
- Cost: $0
ENROLL NOW STRATEGY SESSION
- What: ACT Practice Test
- When: Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Where: Kent Free Library
- Cost: $0
ENROLL NOW PRACTICE TEST
Funding YOUR Future
Tuesday October 24, 2017 @ 6:30 pm Kilcawley Center Chestnut Room on the YSU Campus
- Learn the basics about applying for financial aid
- Meet our financial aid counselors
- Get direct assistance with online applications
- Community service event just in time for the FAFSA
- Opportunity for parents and students in 11th and 12th grades planning to attend college
Miami University is proud to announce the dates for 2017 Bridges Program. It is an overnight experience for high achieving high school seniors from historically underrepresented populations or who have a commitment to promoting a deeper understanding of an appreciation for diversity. Students representing different backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Students who complete the Bridges Program, apply, are accepted, and enroll on the Oxford campus for Fall 2018 will be eligible to receive a scholarship. Last year, Bridges Program participants received scholarships ranging from $2,500 to full tuition annually.
We will host four Bridges sessions this year, and transportation will be provided from these locations:
- Session I: October 22-23 Chillicothe and Columbus Ohio
- Session II: October 29-30, Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio
- Session III: November 5-6, Out of State Student (via Cincinnati and Dayton airports and bus stations)
- Session IV: November 12-13, Akron, Cleveland, and Toledo, Ohio
To be considered, students must submit the following:
- Online application with two short story answer essays (available at MiamiOH.edu/Bridges
- Counselor recommendation form
- Standardized test scores
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Rigorous curriculum
- demonstrated leadership and co curricular activities
- Deadline is September 18, 2017
Seniors here are a few websites that can help you in your search to pay for college.
Financial aid basics
Finding money for school
Help Scholarships find you
This is a wonderful opportunity for students interested in being veterinarians. Vet for a Day participants join veterinary students at The Ohio State university College of Veterinary medicine to experience the busy life of a veterinarian, participate in hands on activities and tour the Veterinary Medical Center.
Vet for a Day
- Sunday October 1st or Staurday, November 18th.
- The event is held on Ohio State’s Columbus campus and cost $45, which includes lunch.
- Students can learn more and register at: http://vet.osu.edu./vfadreg
You are cordially invited to attend the 2017 Northeast Ohio Suburban College Fair, an OACAC approved college fair. Approximately 130 colleges and universities will be in attendance to offer information about academic programs, admission requirements, scholarships and financial aid. Be sure to mark your calendars with the following information:
Thursday, October 12, 2017
6:30P.M. to 8P.M.
Dolan Center for Science and Technology
John Carroll University
1 John Carroll Boulevard
University Heights, Ohio 44118
If you have any questions, contact Alexandra Edwards in John Carroll University’s Office of Admissions at 216-397-1716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.