How do I report my child absent?
- Call (330) 678-7500 anytime in the evening before the absence or by 9 a.m. the morning of the absence. After 9 a.m., call your child’s school directly. Please be ready to provide the following information: date of absence, parent or guardian name, child’s name and teacher or grade, reason for the absence and home phone number.
How do leave a voice mail message?
The Kent Schools Info Line and Voice Mail System is (330) 678-7500.
- Press 1 to leave an absence message.
- Press 2 to hear phone numbers of Kent’s buildings and departments.
- Press 3 for emergency school closings.
- If you do not have a touch-tone phone, please make a direct call to your child’s building.
How do I contact an individual school building?
|Davey Elementary School||330-676-7400|
|Holden Elementary School||330-676-8400|
|Longcoy Elementary School||330-676-8350|
|Stanton Middle School||330-676-8600|
|Theodore Roosevelt High School||330-676-8700|
|Walls Elementary School||330-676-8300|
How will I be notified of emergency school closings?
- School closings due to inclement weather or other emergencies are broadcast on most local radio and television stations. Calls to the schools or the stations tie up phone lines and delay announcements.
- To call back the PreK12Notification line to hear the latest broadcast, dial 1-800-846-4976
How will the district make up school days for emergency closings?
- If it becomes necessary to make up school days, the school calendar may be amended.
How can I obtain a copy of the school policies and procedures?
- Contact the office of the superintendent at (330) 676-7610.
How can I contact the bus garage?
- The phone number of the bus garage is (330) 676-7690.