Someone special in your child’s educational life?
The Parent Mentor Program is a support network for parents of children with disabilities. The program is funded by a federal grant that allows Kent City Schools to partner with a Parent Mentor from our school district. Your Parent Mentor is a parent of a child with a disability and is aware of your questions and concerns. All Parent Mentor services are provided to families free of charge. Click here if you would like to receive informational updates related to your child.
Some of the services offered by the program include:
- Guidance to families through the special education process, including rights and responsibilities
- Support to families and educators on an individual basis
- Information and resources to families and school personnel including education laws, district programs and services, and community resources
- Attendance of Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings or other meetings
- Organization of informational workshops
- Collaborative partnerships between families, schools, and agencies to benefit students with disabilities.
For more information about the program, or to contact Jeanne Schmidlin, your Parent Mentor, call 330-676-7661.