This page is for RESIDENTS of the Kent City School District with a child that will be five (5) years old ON OR BEFORE AUGUST 1, 2018. If you live outside of the Kent City School district, you can go to our Interdistrict Open Enrollment page.
Kindergarten Registration Night
It will be held on Wednesday, April 11th at 7:00 p.m. at your home school. To learn which school is your home school see “Which Elementary School?” below.
To be prepared for Kindergarten Registration Night, you can:
- FILL OUT and SUBMIT the online 2018-19 New Student Enrollment form.
- SELECT the April 11th appointment at your home school in SignUpGenius. You will be directed to the SignUpGenius appointment page after you submit the New Student Enrollment form. (See below if you are not sure of your home school). If you know that you will NOT be able to attend Kindergarten Registration Night, please select an appointment AFTER April 11.
- OPEN the PDF forms at the bottom of this page, FILL OUT the information, PRINT them, SIGN them, and BRING them to Kindergarten Registration Night. If you are unable to print the forms, they will be available at Kindergarten Registration Night.
- BRING the necessary documents to Kindergarten Registration Night. (See below for the list).
- ARRIVE by 7:00 p.m. at your home school without children, if possible.
Which elementary school?
If you are unsure which elementary school your student would attend, you can type your address to search in this Google map:
- Most of the forms on this page are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print these forms.
- Most forms can be filled out on your computer and printed.
- Many forms require the signature of a parent or guardian and hard copies MUST be delivered to Kent City Schools. These forms may NOT be submitted over the internet.
Registration Forms for Parents:
- Emergency Medical Authorization
- Network and Internet Access Agreement
- Consent for Release of Student Information (if applicable)
- Parental/Student Request for Release of Records
- Information for Kindergarten Teacher
- Kindergarten Ohio Health History Form
- All-Day Kindergarten Transportation Arrangements
- Immunization Schedule 2018-19
- Safety School parent letter – Summer 2018
- Safety School Registration Form – Summer 2018 (Register by June 15!)
- Child Care Options
- Allergy Action Plan
- Asthma School Action Plan
- Non-Prescription Medication Administered at School Form
- Prescription Medication Administered at School Form
What to bring to Registration
Please bring the required documents so we may make a copy for your student’s school folder:
- Parent/guardian(s) government issued picture identification
- Proof of Residency – Must provide TWO of the following documents only with parent/guardian(s) name(s)
Driver License or State Identification Card (will only be used if the address matches one of the documents listed below)
Purchase Agreement or Rental Agreement
Current utility bill – gas, electric, water only
Work record (pay stub)
Public assistance (e.g., check stubs, form, etc.)
Voter’s registration card
- An authentic health department copy of the child’s Birth Certificate – (hospital birth record not accepted) or Passport
- Child’s Immunization Records
- The student’s most recent transcript or report card
- Custody or Guardianship papers, if applicable. If the student is not living with both natural parents, court documentation is required. It must be time-stamped or sealed by the Court.
- Copy of I.E.P. or 504 Plan, if applicable