Please click on the link below to access the Parent/Student Handbook for the 2017-2018 School Year.
We are in need of ushers for Kent State Football Games to help raise money for the students at Holden Elementary. Ushering football games allows us to earn approximately $4,000. Please sign up for the next upcoming game. Children can also attend the game for free. Please click on the link below to sign up.
Kent State Football Game Dates:
Saturday, September 9 @ 3:30
Saturday, September 30 TBD
Saturday, October 14 @3:30
Tuesday, October 31 TBD
Tuesday, November 14 TBD
Next week, May 8th– 12th, Holden Elementary School will celebrate Right to Read Week. We have many fun and exciting activities planned, as well as, lots of time to READ, READ, and READ. Listed below are some of the activities that will take place throughout the week. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
– Holden Right to Read Committee
Right to Read Week Theme: “Exploring New Lands!”
Monday– “Country Colors!”
* Wear clothes from your country of origin!
* Please encourage your students to put in some extra time reading this week. There are a variety of reading logs available in the activity binder if you would like to send one home.
Tuesday– “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!”
* Teachers, please choose a favorite book to share with your class.
Wednesday– “Bookmark Day!”
* Bookmarks will be printed and put in teachers’ mailboxes to pass out to students!
Thursday– “Celebrate the USA!”
* Wear your red, white and blue today!
* From 2:45-3:00 the whole school is encouraged to Drop Everything and Read (DEAR). Let’s unite as readers by reading in the hallway in front of our classrooms/lockers.
Friday– “Learn About New Places!!”
* Wear a shirt with a name of a place that you have visited!
* Teachers will be providing extra time each day for their class to READ!
* Our Lobby will be set up with a tent and chairs all week for you and your class to come visit the “Travel Center
Master Gardeners will return to the Haymaker Farmers’ Market on May 20th to give information to Holden Families about the planting and care of various garden vegetable plants . Container and bedding tomato and pepper plants (plus a few surprises) will be given to participants 9-1 P.M. at the Master Gardener table.