Nominations needed for Kent City Schools Hall of Fame
Kent City Schools Hall of Fame committee is soliciting nominations for the Classes of 2017 and 2018. An induction ceremony and dinner, held every other year to recognize two classes of honorees, is planned for April 2018.
Pick up and return forms to the Kent Board of Education office. Mail to Hall of Fame Committee, attention Superintendent George Joseph, at 321 North DePeyster, Kent, OH 44240 or call the Superintendent’s office at 330-676-7610 for details.
Established in 1999, the Hall of Fame recognizes graduates of Theodore Roosevelt High School and others who have made exceptional achievements in their field or unique contributions to the Kent community. Permanent plaques hang in the Roosevelt auditorium atrium.
Inductees are selected in five categories:
- Academic and Career Accomplishments Recognized as a respected leader in his or her profession who has demonstrated unique talents and/or career accomplishments and has helped improve the quality of life.
- Science and Technology Career Accomplishments Recognized as a respected leader in his or her profession who has demonstrated unique talents and accomplishments in the field of science and technology.
- Athletic Accomplishments Recognized for outstanding athletic accomplishments while attending the Kent City Schools and/or at the college level, sandlot/semi pro or professional level.
- Cultural/Performing Arts Recognized for achievements in the cultural, visual, performing arts and/or for contributions to the promotion of cultural activities on a local, state and/or national level.
- Major Contributions to the Kent City Schools Recognized for promoting the Kent City Schools and, by example or by sustained contribution, serving as a major influence in the lives of Kent students.
- Special Honorary Achievement Recognized for special contributions and service to the Kent City Schools and to the community, although not necessarily a graduate.
Permanent plaques, commemorating each Hall of Fame member, will be displayed in the Roosevelt auditorium atrium. Each plaque includes an artist’s sketch and biography. Nominations will be accepted from the Hall of Fame committee members, as well as Kent residents, faculty, students and graduates.
To be eligible, at least 10 years must have passed between a nominee’s high school graduation and induction. Inductees must be graduates of Theodore Roosevelt High School, with the exception of “Special Honorary Achievement” category. Posthumous honors may be granted in any category.
The Hall of Fame Dinner and Induction Ceremony will be held every other year to recognize two classes of honorees.
Submit the nominee’s name and a brief summary of his or her accomplishments to:
Hall of Fame Committee
Attention: Superintendent George Joseph
Kent Board of Education
321 N. DePeyester Street
Kent, OH 44240.
Why a Hall of Fame?
The Kent Board of Education initiated this project to have a way to permanently honor and recognize our very talented graduates. The Kent City Schools Hall of Fame gives our community tangible proof of the quality of education our school system provides and that Theodore Roosevelt High School has fostered over the years. In addition, Hall of Fame honorees can serve as role models for our current students, showing them how hard work and dedication can lead to success.