Please note: starting in the fall of 2014, I will no longer be teaching Chemistry, so while these resources will remain available on my blog, they will not be updated until I teach Chemistry again. Feel free to email me if you have any questions at ke_ccarman *at* kentschools *dot* net!
I’ve created two kinds of chemistry practice quizzes – interactive quizzes and standard quizzes. The interactive quizzes are good for “drill and kill” review to get a concept down, and for the general public. The standard quizzes are formatted to be similar to the ones I give in CP Chemistry at Roosevelt High School, and would be best for my students who are preparing for a specific quiz in class.
- Balancing & Identifying Chemical Equations
- Chemical Compounds
- naming chemical compounds, both ionic & molecular
- calculating molar masses of chemical compounds, by formula & name
- Gas Laws Practice Quiz – NEW!
- Boyle’s Law, Charles’ Law, Gay-Lussac’s Law, Combined Gas Law & Ideal Gas Law
- multiple unit options; simple or word problems; chemical formulas or names
- SI Conversions Practice Quiz
- Stoichiometry & Limiting Reagents Practice Quiz – NEW!
- stoichiometry and/or limiting reagents problems
- balanced and unbalanced equations; chemical formulas or names; grams, moles and particles
CP Chemistry Practice Quizzes
These are my standard practice quizzes for CP Chemistry at Roosevelt High School. They are based on the same learning targets as the actual quizzes, so you should use these to study before we take the real thing in class. Just click on the Quiz name to start! If you still want to use the PDF version that’s exactly like the paper version I use in class, click on the PDF link instead.
- Quiz #1-1: What is Chemistry? [PDF]
- Quiz #1-2: Lab Methods & Equipment [PDF]
- Quiz #1-3: Properties, Changes & Types of Matter [PDF]
- Quiz #1-4: Models of the Atom [PDF]
- Quiz #1-5: Periodic Table, Groups & Trends [PDF]
- Quiz #1-6: Naming Compounds [PDF] [interactive]
- Quiz #2-1: Types of Chemical Reactions [PDF] [interactive]
- Quiz #2-2: SI, Accuracy, Precision & Error [PDF] [interactive]
- Quiz #2-3: Molar Masses & Percent Composition [PDF] [interactive]
- Quiz #2-4: Balancing Equations & Mole Ratios [PDF] [interactive]
- Quiz #2-5: Molar Conversions & Stoichiometry [PDF]
- Quiz #2-6: Stoichiometry & Limiting Reagents [PDF]
- Quiz #3-1: States of Matter [PDF]
- Quiz #3-2: Calorimetry [PDF]
- Quiz #3-3: Thermochemistry [PDF]
- Quiz #3-4: Gas Laws [PDF]
- Quiz #3-5: Combined & Ideal Gas Laws [PDF]
- Quiz #3-6: Nuclear Chemistry [PDF]